Geographic features: Shrub-land mainly dominated by Acacia thorn bushes. The soil type is sandy with most of the forest areas having deep Kalahari sand. The landscape is mainly flat with occasional valleys (omurambas). The average rainfall is 250mm-450mm.
Approximate population: 6851
Area (hectares): 591,001.038
Livestock farming, small stock farming and small scale crop farming.
Main forest resources and their uses
- Terminalia sericea (Omusiasetu) – Poles and droppers for fencing, and kraal construction; leaves for fodder.
- Acacia erioloba (Omumbonde) – Pods for fodder
- Acacia mellifera (Omusaona) – firewood
- Philenoptera nelsii (Omupanda) – Leaves for fodder and used to ferment milk.
- Harpagophytum(Devils claw) – Tubers for medicinal purposes
Achievements for 2015
- Application for Community Forestry support.
- Facilitated institutional cooperation
- Feasibility assessment for the construction of auction kraals in
- Assessment on rangeland conditions and animal husbandry completed